Thursday, November 06, 2008

An award amongst the business of life


Thank you to FlMom (as in Florida) at The Narrow Path for giving me this award. I'm a little late in acknowledging it as time has been at a premium here at the corner of the forest.

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

I love that! It's what I hope to accomplish when I take pen to paper... or, rather... fingers to keyboard.

One is suppose to pass it on to fifteen other people but well... you know me. If I pass it on at all I choose one favorite blogger (out of a zillion or so) because I'm usually finding myself typing out a post at lightening speed (thank God for Spell Check) or it is rather late in the evening and my brain has already fallen asleep.

But this time I will pass it on to one particular blogger who was one of the very FIRST blogs I regularly read when her blog was still Two Talent Living. Sallie has been an excellent blogger even when experiencing a toddler at the age many women are sending their children to high school (uh... been there). So I pass this award on to Sallie at A Quiet Simple Life and a thank you for continuing to blog even when life is not simple... or quiet. :)

My apologies to all the people who have tagged me and I haven't responded. We've been experiencing true Indian Summer with unusually warm temperatures so hubby and I have been taking advantage of the weather to get work done outside, take all the deck "stuff" to the gardening shed, and tidying up the garage and front porch.

We have a little more to do in the garage and lawn but thankfully most of the hard work is behind us, just as cold weather returns for the weekend.

I've been doing a little rearranging inside the house, just enough to encourage snugly warm days inside when the weather turns cold and blustery outside. I brought home more books from the library than I can hope to read in two weeks, as well as two DVDs I had on hold... one of them being Cranford.

I used to be pretty good at reading, watching TV, listening for a pot to boil in the kitchen and a child talking in the next room. Now that I'm a little older, perhaps I can still read and watch the movie? We'll see how that turns out. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,

Thank you so much!!! That just made my whole evening. I will be sure to pass it along to someone else I already have in mind!

Hugs,
Sallie

Linda said...

Congratulations on your award! It is so nice to know that others appreciate what we're doing from our hearts.
I do that all the time - leave the library with an armload of books I can't possibly finish in two weeks. It's just hard to know which ones not to check out!!
Enjoy the beautiful weather.