Wednesday, June 17, 2020

I'm Back!


Like so many events of 2020, being away from my computer this long was not expected.  First there was no room in the budget for a new monitor and then once I could buy a monitor, there were none to be found in the stores where I live.

I was able to find just a few options on Amazon and found just the right model on sale.  Although I quickly ordered it (there were only a few left), it finally arrived on Monday.

Then it didn't work right when I first installed it.  I thought I was going to have to beg my son to make a quick trip here again (they were just here on Saturday for a visit) but I reinstalled everything one more time and then it worked.  Wallah!

As I said to a good friend, sometimes it seems like computers were invented to drive humans crazy... and believe me, in 2020 we do not need any extra events to send us over the edge.

The first month I was gone, it was a nice mental vacation that was much needed.  After that... not so much.  It is good to be back and I do like my new monitor.

Photo: @coffeeteabooksandme on Instagram.

22 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

Yay, you're back!

You were missed in this space. We need your perspective on life, and the reminders about where our peace comes from!

Love you friend!

Sharon D. said...

Welcome back..missed you!

Vee said...

Oh I feel the same way about computers. I do take it personally and you have said a mouthful in these days and times about not needing one more thing to send us over the edge...it's a very short trip for me these days. Talk about feeling vexed.

So happy to have you back! Hoping that The Lord provided all sorts of writing prompts for you while you were away.

Marie said...

Hurray! So glad to see you posting again! Congratulations on conquering the monitor problem--I so often have to call one of my sons to bail me out. :)

Ann said...

Yeah! Good to have you back. 2020 has been a less than ideal year to say the least.

Anonymous said...

Hooraaay!! So glad to have you back! And thankful you were able to find a new monitor and install it yourself! Looking forward to your future posts!
Take care and God Bless!
Laura C.(WA)

Amanda said...

Glad you are back!

Rebecca said...

Welcome back! I wondered where you were!

elizabeth said...

new to your blog but not your IG :) wow, what an extra ordeal during an already difficult year! God bless you! I am so glad you have a computer now!

Elizabeth said...

Adapt, adapt, adapt seems to be what all of us are having to do, in most every single area of life these days. Glad you are back online...glad you could fix the computer yourself. I do not have patience for such things that often do not work right...my Hubby takes care of all those things. Hope you are feeling ok these days.

Karin said...

So happy you are back!

ellen b. said...

Welcome back!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Wonderful, Brenda! Welcome back. You were missed, though I agree that some time away from computers can be a rest and refreshment.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

CJ

Pam said...

Good to have you back! Pam

Suzan said...

It is so good to see your name. I hope this computer gives long and faithful service.

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

How wonderful to see your name pop up on my Blog list! Welcome back, Brenda. We've missed hearing from you. Looks like a nice, big monitor too.

Kathy T. said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to your posts. And I agree, we do not need anything else this year to drive us more crazy than we already are getting!

Jacki said...

Brenda, I’m so glad things worked out and the new monitor is ready to go. Blessings to you. Jacki

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Trish Clark said...

Welcome back !

Kay said...

I've missed you and was hoping you were ok, not sick. I 100% understand the computer issue. Our all-in-one printer at the office died. I was tasked with ordering a new one. I drew the line at setting it up, since we are all on wi-fi. It took the IT guy 2 trips to get it to print and scan the way I needed it to, but all is well now. I wish I could say the same with the Quickbooks on my computer. I did an update that isn't playing nicely with the program. I'm hoping the bookkeeper can help me out tomorrow.
Off to read more!