Thursday, August 15, 2019

Westward Journey, a review


I am pleased to introduce you to another first time author, Anastasia Tarkington.  Her book, Westward Journey: The Trail is a Dangerous Place, is about young Colleen Northam and how she takes on the responsibility of leading the cattle to market when her father is injured.

To do so, she must disguise herself as a young man to those she has hired to help her on the trail.  There is danger along the way, the need for perseverance, and even a promise of romance.  I found the story believable.

Westward Journey combines a faith based story with a heroine teenagers especially would enjoy.  I appreciate how, within the story, we see character traits shown that are important for young people to know and understand.

I highly recommend this book, not only for teens but for any reader wanting a good story that does not take a long time to read.

Westward Journey was provided by the author for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.

More information can be found... here.

Disclaimer:  Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.

2 comments:

Vee said...

I’m in the middle of a literary westward journey myself. ☺️

Carol said...

This looks like a book that I would enjoy and sounds like a book that my daughter would love to read. I will need to find it.