Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Grateful American, a review


I've been a fan of Gary Sinise's acting for many years, especially his work in CSI:New York.  Within the past couple of years, I've have appreciated his work with military veterans.  This book contains his story, how he came to be raised in the South side of Chicago as a young child to become a well known actor, and personal stories of his family and career.

As the wife of a veteran who still suffers from the affects of the Vietnam War, I was especially touched by the section where he shares how he first came to realize the importance of being an advocate for all veterans but especially the Vietnam vets who were treated badly when they arrived home.

If you enjoy Gary Sinise's television and movie shows, you will enjoy reading the book.  If you are a military veteran or have one in your family, you will enjoy this book.  As a Christian, I appreciate how becoming a part of the Catholic faith helped strengthen his family after his wife's alcoholism almost tore the family apart.  Enabling her to have the strength to stay away from alcohol for decades now.

I enjoyed this book very much and recommend it.

Grateful American was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.

Further information can be found... here.

Disclaimer:  Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.

4 comments:

Vee said...

He's great! love him! His work with and for veterans is phenomenal and beyond inspirational. I know that I would love to read this book and it just so happens I have an Amazon gift card around here somewhere...

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

He’s a wonderful actor and a fine human being!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I think I will have to read this book...I also admire this man and his work more than I can say.

Donna said...

I'm also married to a Vietnam Vet...and Love Mr Gary! Excellent actor...
hugs