Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Time Chamber: A magical story and coloring book, a review


I was recently perusing a shelf of grown up coloring books to give as a gift to a loved one who enjoys them.  Most of them were either too intricate or too boring.   To be honest, I only came away with one that I found to be worth gift giving.

So when The Time Chamber by Daria Song became available for review, I decided to give it a try.  It looked... interesting.  For this is not only a coloring book for teens and grown ups, it has a story embedded within about a red haired fairy who lives in a cuckoo clock.  The tiny fairy decides to visit the room of the little girl who lives outside the clock.

They had me at the story line.  The story is told in such a way that it does not get in the way of the coloring pages and the story is kept to a small number of the pages.  The real stars of this coloring book are the gorgeous illustrations meant to be colored.

These illustrations are of a girl's world in an imaginative sense.  I know, it is hard to explain but think what tea time would look like to a fairy's imagination, and bookshelves, and a dressing table with brushes and mirrors and such, and a doll's house, and mixed within all of these... beautiful designs to be colored with perhaps your favorite colored pencils.

The designs are pretty enough that when finished, they would be easily frame worthy.  Each page is sturdy card stock.

I highly recommend The Time Chamber grown up coloring book to anyone who loves the genre and perhaps more importantly, to anyone who has thought they may like to try it but have not found any books they liked.

It would make an excellent Christmas gift, especially for the ladies in your family... I'd say ages ten to one hundred ten.  I think that fairy within sprinkled me with fairy dust for I am smitten.

This book was given to me by Blogging For Books for the purpose of review but the opinions are my own.

Information can be found at Amazon.com... here.*    The author/artist has another similar coloring book called The Time Garden which can be found by following this link and then looking at the "Customers Also Bought" section.

Most links to Amazon.com are Associate's links.

2 comments:

Vee said...

Wow...this gets rave reviews! I enjoy coloring, but would find this much too small for myself. I like primary color pages. =D Do you think that you'll give this a try?

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I have friends who are into coloring. They say it helps with anxiety. Interesting to have a story included.

Deanna