Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Resting and working

I know, how can one rest and work? Well... carefully. :)

I concentrated on laundry yesterday and there are now just a couple loads left. One was washed, dried, folded, and put away today. The other will wait until tomorrow.

I have done dishes and run the vacuum cleaner. The latter for the first time since four delightful little children had run of the house. I was warned by their mother that I'd be finding items in unexpected places. Besides a few puzzle pieces and a pair of itty bitty white socks there is enough dried cereal to feed a third world nation. Only grammies would find that something to smile about.

I finished the veggie beef soup and started on my first project I want to complete this week... getting my pictures for my scrapbook journal better organized. My first attempt didn't work out very well. Instead, I have purchased file folders that have the sides closed (pocket folders). So far I have separated them into the following categories: flowers and animals; tea time, dishes, entertaining pictures (like tablescapes and such); words and quotes; vintage decorating; and a folder just for my Susan Branch and Mary E. pictures. I already know I'll be using a few more, perhaps a folder that contains only various Holiday pictures.

I know how I work and think and if I have various pens and those folders nearby, I will use my scrapbook journal more often. Speaking of which, did you see Kimberly's journal? Beautiful!

2 comments:

Terri said...

How did the scrapbook organization work out? I have to do something one of these days, but it's so overwhelming!
God bless

Anonymous said...

I followed the link and her journals are very pretty! I always liked what Jewels did with her's and tried it, but it doesn't work for me. I just never got around to actually pasting all those cut outs into a journal :-).

Manuela