Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My World this Week


It feels more like March than late April but I'm not complaining.  Much.  You just don't know how to dress these days.  I left the house this week early in the morning with my Winter coat on and was absolutely roasting by noon.

There is still a lot of work to be done in the garden and then later near the house.  So thankful I was able to get to the backyard fence line and to the perennials near the house in time.  The only "person" in our house with a credit card is Victoria so we do what we can with the cash on hand each month.

Victoria's "credit card" is a pet medical credit card we use for her visits to Dr. Lisa.  Every supermodel needs her own card you know.  ;)

So... this is what has been happening this last week in my world.

Reading
I'll be reading the Laura Childs books for awhile since with two review books, I wasn't able to read any of Gunpowder Green last week.  Reservations for Two will be reviewed within the next two days.  Ina Garten's new cookbook is from the library so it has to be finished soon!

Watching
Prior to our PBS station carrying Midsomer Murders, I had only seen the pilot and I thought it quite strange (even for my taste!).  Then PBS ran a special where the author of the books these are based on was interviewed and I understood what was going on.

She said her purpose was to show the dichotomy between the gorgeous English villages in Midsomer County, the strange people, and the murders.  She purposely gave the Police Inspector a very normal family (his wife shown above) in the midst of all the crazy-ness.

Ohhhh... I get it now.  I am really enjoying them.  

Creating
Three cards made last week.
The inside of one card.
Bookmarks made with washi tape to insert in each card.

It is a busy time of year for birthdays!  I can only keep up with them if I make each ahead of time.  Personalized cards can be made very quickly with the polka dot card stock cards to begin with.  I think those came from Jo-Ann's, purchased when they had a huge sale on papercraft items.
Herbs
The lovage was the first plant to pop up, that is bee balm just showing at the right.
The lemon balm planted by the water spout is flourishing already.

Early Spring Yard
The tree by my driveway.
My neighbor's tree.
A peek into the forest.

You Asked
That's lemon curd on whipped cream on the lemon scones.  I can't have it like this very often as the lemon curd is high carb as are the scones.  But it was quite yummy at the time.

Her Fluffiness

She finds the oddest places to take a nap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are able to get some yard work done. The flowering trees are beautiful. Is that "Big Foot" I see in the "a peek in the forest photo"?
We just had a thunderstorm here in East Texas that caused a lot of damage, power out, trees down, and lots of debris in yards. Thankfully, we did not have any damage at our place. Blessings, Sharon D.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your tree is stunning! Your neighbors tree is so pretty too, looks like my Cleveland Pear. I am glad to have the garden prep done. I must do a bit of weeding in the front flower garden though. Always weeding.

We are thinking of adding a porch in that area, so this garden would need to be moved. Not sure we want to have the expense of mulch if it will just be all dug up. So we wait and I weed.

I love your cards too. Homemade cards are great!

I'm off to mow now! Have a great evening!

Deanna

Vee said...

Oh hasn't it been cold like March? Here, too. It's discouraging, It's also rainy and windy. Enough weather!

You are so organized to prepare well in advance. Very cute cards.

Hmmmm...lemon curd. It's a wonderful thing. And, yes, Victoria has chosen an unusual spot for a nap. It doesn't look at all comfy. Must have more to do with the sun or the atmosphere.

Your plants are looking fabulous and is that a redbud tree? Gorgeous!

Debbie said...

I love Ina Garten's shows and books. Have fun reading and being inspired!

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Wonderful idea about the purchased polka dot paper to create your own card!