Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Summer, 2009

Popping in from lawn and garden work to send out a special birthday wish.  

I love all four of my grandchildren just the same... a lot.  However, each of them holds a special place in Grammie and Granddad's heart (and Uncle Christopher likes them, too).

Matthew is my heart and soul and the one I bonded with when he visited just as his newborn stage was ending.  I spent hours looking into those eyes and he stole Grammie's heart.

He is the sweetest soul I know.

His mommy took a break from packing boxes to write about him... here.

6 comments:

Vee said...

What a little sweetie pie. He also happens to share a birthday with my son who was/and is one like him...gentle and funny, sweet and tender.

I'm here to gather titles for E. Goudge books. Today is the day for the library!

Becky K. said...

Being a Grandma is on my "to do" list. Hmmm....guess it is not up to me.

So happy that you have such lovely grandchildren and that you love them soooo much.

Happy Birthday to Matthew!

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

Lovely to have such a grandchild!!
Very nice writeup done by your daughter too...it is indeed a precious time to have your children together and enjoying each other!! BLESSED!!
Blessings to you, Elizabeth

Anita said...

I loved reading about Matthew. I looked up your daughter's blog too.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Hope Matthew had a wonderful birthday! Today is my grandaughter, Julia's birthday also! I wrote a birthday tribute to her today on our blog! She is ten today.
Matthew is quite the handsome lad!

Anonymous said...

i remember when he was born!
joanna :)