Saturday, June 06, 2009

Jungle Jack's The Wackiest, Wildest, and Weirdest Animals in the World

I had a feeling I'd like this book as I love to watch Jack Hanna's TV shows and I enjoy reading about animals. A serendipitous timing in the review of this book came about by its' arrival while there were young children staying in the house.

We all loved this book. It has colorful pictures of the animals and interesting facts on each page. The animals chosen to be included in the book all have unique features that make them either wacky, wild, or just weird... but it also makes them fun.

It would make a perfect addition to any home library with preschoolers and elementary age children... not to mention adults who enjoy reading about animals.

The book is just the right size for children with sturdy hardback covers and the pages are made of a nice, thick paper. It should hold up for a long time.

Perhaps my favorite thing "in" the book was the DVD of bloopers of Hanna's TV show. It is truly family friendly fun. Through the bloopers, you get to know Hanna's family and his film crew, too. It's the kind of DVD kids would love to watch over and over.

Can you tell I think this is a great book? I highly recommend it (and so do the children in the house). :)

No comments: