Most often when I review something like an Expository Bible, I share if it will make a good reference book for your Bible study. Thinking, of course, that it will be placed in a bookshelf and taken out when needed.
That is what I expected with this Bible and I was very pleasantly surprised to find it not only informative but enjoyable. This is not a reference Bible to keep on a shelf but to be used every day. I was provided a hardback copy but I find it very easy to handle. The larger than usual print is easy to read.
The Bible is edited by Baptist pastor Jerry Vines, who "leads you on a journey through the Bible, with observations and understanding straight from a pastor's heart. Based on sermons selected from his lifetime of ministry, this Bible provides a distinctive, passage-by-passage guide through every book of Scripture and shows how God's revelation applies to your life."
- 205 "Presenting the Message" detailed outlines from Jerry Vine's sermon archive
- 148 "Living the Message" articles with illustrations for living the Christian life
- 237 "Applying the Message" notes that help you see the relevance of Scripture for your walk with Christ
- 311 "Discerning the Meaning" word studies that illuminate the meaning of key words in Scripture
- 66 Book Introductions that describe each book's unique place in God's Word
- Exclusive Thomas Nelson NKJV Comfort Print typeface
- Easy-to-read 10.5-point type
- Topical Index Concordance
I highly recommend this Expository Bible to anyone wanting to learn more about the Word of God from a man who has a gift of communication along with the heart of a pastor.
The NKJV Vines Expository Bible was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.
More information can be found... here.
Disclaimer: Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.