When I saw the title of this book, I knew there were blog readers who would appreciate the contents if the book was good. It is!
The subtitle of this book is "Trusting God with the One's You Love". The author, Jodie Berndt, has put together an excellent combination of Scripture verses and stories from her own life as well as others relating to the various chapters. This makes it easily readable as well as a reference guide one can return to over and over.
The Chapters Include
- Praying For Your Adult Child
- Praying for Your Adult Child's Relationships
- Praying through the Milestones in your Adult Child's Life
- Praying for Your Adult Child's Health, Safety, and Well-Being
- Praying for Your Adult Child's Victory Over Temptation
Some (but definitely not all) of the sub-chapters include:
- Blessing and Releasing Your Adult Child
- Praying for Good Friends and Fellowship
- Praying for a Future Spouse
- Praying for a Job
- Praying When Your Children Have Children
- Praying for Mental and Emotional Health
- Praying for Protection from Harm
- Praying for Strength to Resist a Party Culture
- Praying for Your Prodigal
This book is small enough to slip into a purse or briefcase but thick enough to contain a great deal of information. If you are looking for one source of Bible verses to come back to over and over as you pray for your children, this inexpensive volume is for you. The author has a similar book for those praying for the children who still live at home.
Praying the Scriptures For Your Adult Children was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.
For more information... here.
Disclaimer: Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.