Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sweeter Off the Vine, a review


I have a lot of cookbooks in my collection.  Some are fun to take off the shelf and read, perhaps bookmarking a recipe or two to try when I have the time.  Others are what I call "workhorse" kinds of cookbooks, those I will reach for when I need a certain recipe.

Sweeter Off the Vine will definitely be among the latter although it is also a gorgeous cookbook.  I love the way this is set up with the sections divided by the four seasons and then further divided by fruits within that season.

SPRING
Herbs
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Cherries

SUMMER
Apricots
Mixed Berries
Melons
Stone Fruits
Raspberries
Figs

FALL
Grapes
Persimmons and Pomegranates
Apples
Pears
Quince
Squash and Pumpkins

WINTER
Cranberries
Citrus
Dates

Further chapters include Year-Round Essentials and Seasonal Larder

This is a cookbook that you can reach for when you come home from the Farmer's Market or the orchard and want to "bake something" with what you have just purchased.  The recipes are "from scratch" and have a nice variation of easy as well as complicated.  Some recipes are whole grain while others are made with AP flour.  There are plenty of recipes with no flour at all for those  needing such.

I highly recommend this cookbook for those cooks who want to cook in season, from scratch, delicious desserts.

This cookbook was provided by Blogging For Books but the opinions are my own.

For further information at Amazon.com, click... here.*

*Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.

No comments: