This Bible is not what I expected as it does not have indepth Study notes. So if you are looking for a Bible to help you along in your understanding of specific scriptures or word studies, this one is not for you.
It is a good hardback NIV Bible for everyday use. The font is clear and just the right size for easy reading. There is good cross referencing, a brief description of each Book of the Bible, and an excellent concordance. Everything you need for a basic Bible is here.
But it is not what I expect from a "Study Bible".
There are essays and articles in the front of the Bible from various theologians. These would be especially helpful to pastors and Bible teachers. They are titled:
- A Bible Overview
- The Historical Reliability of the Bible
- Finding the "Melodic Line" of a Book
- From Text to Doctrine: The Bible and Theology
- From Text to Life: Applying the Old Testament
- From Text to Life: Applying the New Testament
- From Text to Sermon: Preaching the Bible
- From Text to Study: Small Groups and One-to-Ones
- Biblical Interpretation: A Short History
This Bible was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.
More information can be located on Amazon.com... here.