Monday, October 22, 2012

Winterizing and guest posting



We are experiencing true Indian Summer* here and I'm finishing some of my outdoor projects a little at a time.

Hopefully I can get the deck cleared, the porch ready for winter, and the garden winterized in just a few days time.  :)


In the meantime, I have a guest post over at Cheryl's Thinking about Home blog... here.  When Cheryl asked if I wanted to do a post during her 31 days of Hospitality, I was happy to do so as long as I could use part of a previous post from this blog.

This request was made only because I was in the midst of the eye surgery.  She agreed so readers of Coffee Tea Books & Me will recognize at least part of the post.  While you are there, you may want to read through the other Hospitality posts, they are very good.

Now, I must get back to the deck and take the lighter items out to the garden shed.  Hubby is responsible for the heavy stuff.

Oh, there was a comment on Saturday's post about our putting the composter on the deck.  Yes, you do have to set it on heavy boards or plywood to protect your deck from staining.   Ours is on thick shelving that was leftover from a project.

*Indian Summer - A brief return of very warm weather after experiencing a hard frost.

2 comments:

Vee said...

Oh I wonder if we'll see any of this Indian summer, though we have little to complain of so far as far as cold.

I really like the post at Cheryl's. You're a sweetheart to do a guest post. I shopped afterward and now I have a small jar of mayo and a can of quality chicken and a can of quality shrimp.

Cheryl said...

I so appreciate you being willing to share, Brenda, even in the midst of recovering from your eye surgery! This is a topic that I believe will be helpful to many people. I remember the first time I read about your hospitality pantry...a little light bulb lit up in my head! :)

Hope you are able to do all the winterizing you need to do during these lovely days of Indian summer. Blessings...