Thursday, May 03, 2012

Praying... and asking for prayer

Blessed is the nation
whose God is the Lord.
Psalm 33:12

Today is the National Day of Prayer in the United States.  I plan to attend one of the official observances later today.  Our nation definitely needs our prayers!

Speaking of prayer, our car broke down yesterday and had to be towed to our mechanic's place.  It happened on a busy highway during the evening rush hour but thankfully I could pull over on the shoulder enough to keep safe (although I DID get out of the car and stand on the shoulder until the tow truck arrived... just to be really safe).

I was already feeling the pressure of lots to do mixed with limited time and money but I've learned never to ask God about what He allows in His timing... sigh. 

Since Christopher is in the midst of taking final exams, he has let us borrow his car for a couple of days so I've added chauffeur to my day's To Do list.  He's partially moved back home this week (him but none of his stuff) and will move his things from his apartment on Saturday... then to Married Student Housing in a couple of weeks.

He has been getting about four hours of sleep a night but the last final is tomorrow (Friday)!

6 comments:

Vee said...

Brenda, I am so happy to hear that this is National Prayer Day...I had heard (falsely) that it had been cancelled. Really.

Sounds as if this is a time when everything should be running and moving forward tickety-boo without any upsets. I'm praying that, going forward, such will be the case so that the time can be savored and enjoyed and that there will be a wonderful result and a beautiful wedding.

Front Porch Grace said...

((hugs))
I am asking God to provide your need. We know that He knows and meets our needs according to His riches in Glory.
Jesus taught, if two or more of us agree on earth as touching anything we ask, it shall be done. I would like to pray in agreement with you and our sisters here who answer the call as well.
I am also asking our Father if He will allow you an extra measure of peace as you meditate His Word. Particularly Romans 8 comes to mind. And verse 28? Oh how I rejoice!

I wish there were a local National Day of Prayer observance here. We will observe it within our home.

Prayerfully yours,
Michelle

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying! Remember, nothing comes our way except it goes through the Father's hand first! HE knows what he is doing even when we don't!

Much love!
Deanna

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Sending prayers
(and a hug)

TeresaAngelina said...

I have only just discovered your lovely blog...I look forward to wandering within its pretty pages. Yes, daily life is a challenge! And when the curve is thrown, to be able to thank God for what is and not for what is not, is in itself a great gift. Living sacramentally.

TeresaAngelina said...

(I am terrible about technology...not sure if my earlier attempt was printed on a seagull or if I just hit a wrong button. Trying again. If comments arrive twice, please forgive me.) Your blog is lovely and I have only just discovered it. I am enjoying wandering its pretty pages. Yes, living sacramentally - giving thanks to God for all things, good and not so much - is in itself a gift from God.