Well, all of the sparkle has now been packed away. I would keep it up longer but I'm involved in a declutter and organization project, which cannot be accomplished if the Christmas items are still out. :)
Below are my favorite "reads" of 2010... those which were outstanding. This only includes books I read for the first time.
An almost complete list of books read for 2010 is listed in the Pages section on the sidebar. There were those I forgot to write down and I rarely write anything down I just pull off the shelves and peruse (like decorating books).
- Pilgrim"s Inn - Elizabeth Goudge (#2 of trilogy but can be read alone)
- The Bird In the Tree - E.G. (#1 of the trilogy... did not read #3)
- A City of Bells - E.G.
- The Dean's Watch - E. G.
- The Scent of Water - E.G.
- Miss Buncle's Book - D. E. Stevenson
- Miss Buncle Married - DES
- Jillian Dare by Melanie Jeschke
- The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
- The Teaberry Strangler by Laura Childs
- Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter
- Read For the Heart by Sarah Clarkson
- Walking From East to West by Ravi Zacharias and R.S.B. Sawyer
- Betty Crocker Kitchen Garden's by Mary Mason Campbell and Illustrated by Tasha Tudor
- Flight to Heaven by Capt. Dale Black
- Food Security for the Faint of Heart by Robin Wheeler
- Heaven by Randy Alcorn
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
- Talking About Detective Fiction by P D James
- The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin
Dancing With My Father by Sally Clarkson
I read Sally's book in Manuscript so I could send a review to the publisher, which was a huge honor. How exciting to open one of my favorite author's books and have my name and blog title in it. Of course, it received a wonderful review for she has never written anything I did not love. :)
Picture: Book Shop by Kim Sung; allposters.com