Except for various decorating and cookbooks, these are the books I have chosen for October and November reading.
- The Best of Stillmeadow by Gladys Taber
- Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson
- Still Glides the Stream by Flora Thompson
- Christy by Catherine Marshall (Re-read)
- The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett (in process of reading)
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (my favorite children's book to re-read)
Christy is a favorite of both my husband and me and probably the book I have re-read the most. I haven't read it in years, though.
The Wind in the Willows is not only my favorite children's book but an Excellent Read for any age. I know it is lovely because it makes me want to take tea with... ummm... moles and rats.
Some may be bumped onto the Winter List as I have no desire to hurry through any reading while snuggled beneath a warm throw blanket... with a cup of tea... and a scented candle... at my side... and perhaps a Maine Coon kitty. :)
I'll write about the few books read in September next week and I am STILL working on the Recommendations List as I get a chance.