Thursday, September 10, 2009

Two new canning recipes

I keep forgetting to tell you I posted my favorite recipe for canning apple pie filling on the recipe blog. I haven't done any canning this year but I promised my husband I'm going to make a couple batches of this.

It's a Beverly Nye recipe she originally gave on TV when I was a teenager and then added it to one of her cookbooks.

I also added a recipe for "Christmas Jam", which was an award winner from Country Woman magazine years ago. It's a delicious combination of cranberries and strawberries (pictured above).

The recipe blog is set up much like a virtual cookbook with lots of favorite recipes on it. The link is on my sidebar or here. It has many family favorites already but I have more to add as I get the extra time.

Picture: Christmas Jam from the Country Woman website

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Here in the deep south we're looking, oh how we're looking, for fall, but so far all that we have is the promise of it. September holds the promise.

Today my three year old and I read Lois Lenski's "Now It's Fall" -- actually, we read it twice...

"Summer's over,
Now it's fall;
Just the nicest
Time of all."

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I've just learned to can jam this year. The Christmas jam sounds delicious, and wouldn't pretty jars of it make wonderful gifts?! Thanks for mentioning it.