Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Pictures tomorrow (Thursday)

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes for Christopher (if you're just reading, the last two posts were about his hospital adventure). Even though he was tired when he finished his classes today, he was feeling better already. He dropped me off by home and got ready to study with friends tonight. He has just a few weeks to catch up and the University is holding his acceptance until he finishes his Calculus class. He's even going to do a little fencing tonight, something he hasn't made time to do for awhile.

Oh my friends, I truly wanted to get the pictures taken today but I'm just too tired. The Dynasty has bitten the dust so we're working with one car. Today we had multiple errands to run since we've decided Wednesdays and Fridays are the days we can drop Christopher off at the college and use the car. We will stop by the shop where the Dynasty is parked to clean it out and give the title to the people there. They are going to coordinate getting it to a junk yard, the closest is in another town.

It is very sad to give up a car, it's always been difficult for us and this one has been with the family since Christopher was little. However, it was getting to be a safety issue so its' time had come after giving the family years and years of good service. All that to say... I didn't arrive home in time to get the pictures taken.

However, Thursday is to be an "at home" day (God willing and the creek don't rise). I'll take the pictures and give a review of the items and then show you what I'm giving away. It's actually my favorite of the items Dayspring sent but it's something you all will love. I'm so happy I agreed to review these products. It was the first time I accepted a non-book item (that I can remember) but hey... they are all tea time inspired!

So, I'll be back Thursday with reviews, a give away, and pretty pictures.

Oh, and yes... I forgot who asked if Christopher liked banana bread but I had thought of that very thing. I've already told him I plan to make him a few loaves. I sent two bananas with him today and another friend gave him one for lunch. I hope there is no such thing as potassium overload. :)

May I add... a very, very blessed Passover to my Jewish and Messianic friends.

7 comments:

Beginner said...

This is a recipe I got from a blogging friend. I used a light whole wheat flour and they came out wonderful!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
(From Holly Hedge House - located in Renton Washington)

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup cooked oatmeal (a great way to use up your leftover oatmeal)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups (to use jumbo muffin cups - double this recipe.) In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and cooked oatmeal. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into greased prepared muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until done. (If using larger muffin cups, you may have to increase your baking time - after your regular baking time, just check every 3 minutes - til done)
Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove muffins from pans. Good served warm or cold.
Makes 12 muffins.

Anonymous said...

Dee from tennessee

Just sending a big ol' Tennessee hug....

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I am so sorry Christopher got so sick. I pray he is so much better now. Illness is so scary and not having insurance on top of it is double scary. My daughter doesn't have it now and I always pray so hard when she gets sick. You are a wonderful mother and he is so blessed to have you love and take care of him. When he does so many neat things at school and receives honors I am so happy for you too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Brenda,

I am sorry to hear about your car. We have been a one car family for several years now and I can sympathize. I will be praying that God blesses you with a shiny red sportscar uh, I mean, a reliable means of transportation. Hang in there.

Sharon said...

Hi Brenda!
How did you become a product reviewer for Dayspring?I am just really curious.Also,do you review books with just Thomas Nelson or are you also with other publishing houses on this?Still love your blog and always read you first!Love~Sharon

mylife said...

Grape juice and just a nice baked potato with skin are excellent sources of potassium. Good wishes to you.

DebD said...

I haven't been keeping up like I should... I'm sorry Chris is still dealing with health issues and trips to the hospital. Prayers for all of you. I hope your Easter was joyous.