Saturday, February 07, 2009

I think I've lost my ponder

I'm running some errands today while the weather is "warm" (the upper 40's feel downright balmy).

Starting Monday, I'll continue writing about some of our unemployment experiences (as in... how we survived and were still able to keep our credit good enough to buy this house) and begin some more deepening the pantry posts.

I'll also answer questions in comments and update you about Christopher's upcoming surgery (we'll know more after an MRI on Tuesday).

As for today... the Proverbs 31 call is upon me... bringing my food in from afar. I also must finish reading a library book which will soon become due and a book to review. I know, it's a hard task but somebody must do it. :)

If you are a praying type, do pray for me that I find my ponder. I think I overworked it last week. Perhaps a good cup of coffee will bring it back.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda~praying you find your "ponder" again. Did you leave it under a stack of books or in the pantry? ;)

Blessings,
Debbie (hmsclmom)

Vee said...

Oh no, you've not lost your ponder...your ponder is just tuckered. Hope that you find some moments for relaxing this weekend.

Cheri said...

One of my friends calls her reflections 'ponderments'. Another values 'windshield time' for thinking deep thoughts.

Praying you will get your ponder back. We all benefit from your ponderments.

And I am praying for Christopher as well. My daughter-in-love, mother of my 9 month old grandson broke her ankle the other day. Hard to carry a baby while using crutches. And me 1200 miles away!

Scrappy quilter said...

I firmly believe that still small voice will give you your "ponder" back. He alone has given you the words to teach us all.

I can't wait to hear more.

Linda said...

Brenda, praying for you guys. Here is to hoping you get your "ponder" back. (whatever that is.) I love your site and you do a awesome job. Blessings

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sounds like a great day to me!

Anita said...

Christopher is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, one's ponder is a terrible thing to lose. I hope it finds its way back to you soon! ;-)

~~Deby said...

Come out, come out, wherever you are---Lord please bring back Brenda's *ponder--bging it back from over yonder* You are a blessing Brenda....
Deby

Sandy M. said...

While you wait on your "ponder", may I ask you a dull question? Can you freeze plain old rice? In the dry state I mean. I live in TX and we have AC but our house is still warmer in the summer so I don't know if trying to store dry rice in plastic in the pantry is sufficient to keep bugs away or if freezing is better. I figured you would be a perfect person to ask. I know it won't help your ponder but it will give you purpose for two seconds! I hope you are well today. I love your blog. You are a wonderful lady. I can't imagine why anyone chooses to be ugly to you. Maybe some people need to do more pondering about their self!!!

Anonymous said...

Now ya got us all pondering where your pondering is hiding.... :) Jody