Friday, December 26, 2008

Still in Christmas mode

Christopher and I went to the mall early this morning to take advantage of Early Bird sales (and a Macy's extra 20% off coupon). We were there to find good prices on jeans, which we did. That was our gift to him this year, a couple pairs of jeans and a vest.

I had no idea that vests like those that come with three piece suits are now all the rage with young men, will have to pay more attention to G. Q.!

I couldn't remember the last time I had been to the mall. We knew they were deep discounting and Christopher wanted to take advantage of sales rather than to be surprised with a package to unwrap. He did get his stocking, of course. :)

I made it out this afternoon to take advantage of my husband's gift to me, a gift certificate to my favorite primitive country shop. He had fun going to great lengths wrapping it for me, especially when he gnome-napped the present my son gave me and hid the gnome... replacing in the box one of my Christmas teddy bears, a ransom note, and the gift certificate.

Oh, it has been much worse in years past but that was when he had a certain daughter here to scheme with him. Sigh...

We'll be packing away Christmas 2008 on Saturday, taking advantage of unusually warm weather to put away Christmas boxes and (hopefully) straighten some of the garage at the same time. I can't say it is how I want to spend Saturday but in the long run... it will be good.

I love having the decorations out. The Christmas tree was particularly beautiful this year. However, a garage that is not ice cold doesn't happen much this time of year!

I am so ready for a quiet January. Believe me, I'll wax poetic about that later. As for now, it is after Midnight.

My brain cells have already gone to sleep. All I can say is... thank God for Spell Check. Yawn...

4 comments:

Anita said...

You were brave to go out shopping the day after Christmas! I never do it. Your's sounds as quiet as our was. Quiet but good.

Vee said...

Oh that unusually warm weather (in the 50s) is supposed to arrive here by Monday, but there is no way I'm taking down my tree before Epiphany.

There is a great satisfaction in packing it all and putting it safely away. Best wishes with your chore.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your husband sounds like quite a character!

I am not quite ready to put the Christmas stuff away yet - Still enjoying the tree and garlands...I guess it is the lights in the evening that make everything special....

Have a wonderful day!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Brenda, I am glad you had such a nice Christmas. It sounds like your gang likes to play tricks. I can't wait to see a picture of your treasures from the country store. The weather is crazy and I can see why so many people are getting sick.