Tracey McBride tagged me to write about six things for which I am thankful.
By the way, Tracey's book called Frugal Luxuries is one of my all time favorite comfort books. It reinforces the way I love to live... living a beautiful life on a budget. It's also on my Amazon widget. (What a self serving statement that is, right? But I LOVE both of Tracey's books.)
I think the people who left unkind reviews of her book on Amazon just didn't understand that it's not a book like the Tightwad Gazette, giving hundreds of specific frugal tips. Instead, it reinforces gracious living on a budget.
So here's my six off the top of my head:
1. I'm thankful that the God of all creation sent His son to rescue fallen humanity (and of course, I'm grateful for Jesus and the Holy Spirit... all the Trinity).
2. I'm thankful that I have the best children, son-in-law, and grandchildren. Family need not be perfect to be wonderful so I'm thankful for my husband of thirty-four years.
3. I'm thankful for my lovely little house in the country.
4. I'm thankful for the world of words which take me to places I've never been before, journeying to the stars and back, receiving wisdom from those who lived hundreds of years ago, and finding those who let me know "I am not alone".
5. I'm thankful for my furry best friends through the years especially Trixie (my childhood Pekingese best friend), Sasha, and Storm. We were created in a garden and surrounded by animals, which explains why Humanity loves gardens and friends with fur.
6. I'm thankful for my first cup of coffee in the morning and my tea in the afternoon, the first served in my Winnie the Pooh mug and the latter poured into a china cup from a pretty teapot.
and adding one extra...
7. I'm thankful for YOU. :)
I now tag my daughter at Cottage Thoughts. That's all she needs right now, one more thing to add to her "to do" list so I'm not certain how soon she will get it written. :)