- A continuous carpet of leaves on my front porch and thus, finding their way into the house
- Warm weather clothes are put away
- Sweaters and long sleeved shirts are now hung in closets
- I've used the dutch oven or the soup pot everyday this week
- My jacket is draped over a chair if I'm going outside again
- The lawnmower blade has been lowered to mulch leaves
- I'm sleepy by 9:00 in the evening and the time hasn't even changed
- My thoughts are leaning toward Christmas baking and most of all...
- The beds now have their flannel sheets and pillow cases... oh, so warm and cozy
My plan is to continue some more pantry posts but also put together a new side bar of pantry and preparedness links that one may come back to at anytime. I have a pantry post nearly finished and ready to go within a day or two.
It has been quite an interesting challenge to depend almost entirely on my pantry this month. I'm pleased that I have been able to make good meals (if simple), especially in the evening. I definitely need to add additional fruits and veggies. I missed the stock up sale at the grocery store this year as it happened (unfortunately) this month when I had no money to spend. Ouch...
I had to return quite a few books and DVDs to the library this morning. As usual, I didn't have time to watch most of the movies but I kept The Darling Buds of May DVD series to enjoy in the next few days. I used to watch it when it was on the British Night of our local PBS station (many years ago) and it is truly a favorite.
Since hubby has had to be on the computer, I haven't had a chance to return e-mails! He's setting up something in Excel but he should be finished soon. Otherwise, we're just competing for computer time when he's setting up his fantasy football team. This has not been a good year for his team... we do not mention it to his face. Thankfully, his real life team (the Chicago Bears) won last week to lessen the pain a bit... just a bit.
Photo: Ducks Unlimited; allposters.com