Saturday, June 07, 2008

Scenes from my world -- in the house

Here are a few new pictures I took this week inside my home. I wanted to take pictures of my pantry area in the garage but it has been too dark and stormy (pictures are best taken on a sunny afternoon in that garage). Hmmm... "It was a dark and stormy night"... but I digress.

As it is, the pictures are on the dark side. No, not like Darth Vader...

Click to enlarge

The vintage hankie was given to me by my friend, Linda
I thought it looked cute tucked in the heart on the door

The "Welcome" plaque was one of the items
purchased in Lancaster County

This was the other item purchased in Lancaster County.
It came from the same antique-gift shop
where I um... convinced my daughter
that I NEEDED THAT RED BIRDHOUSE...
before she paid for it and took it back to New England...
It is definitely a Midwestern birdhouse
(pictured in previous post)

My dining room is the first thing you see
when stepping through the front door...
notice the backpack on the floor...
what can I say, a teenage boy lives here :)

I LOVE these colors...

My living room is immediately
to the left as you walk in the door...
That is a cat on the sofa, doing
that for which she is a star... napping

Another view of the living room.

I took a few other pictures but they were too dark since I...
live at the edge of a forest, and
it was a dark and stormy day.

Kitchen pictures are available
on the side bar
click on "My Home"

11 comments:

Heather L. said...

It's so fun to see pictures of the rooms you live in and talk about! It definately helps to put it all into my mind. Have a lovely Sunday!

Martha said...

Your home looks so inviting and homey. Thanks for the little tour - I will be back to see more rooms perhaps?!!

Blessings,
~Martie

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Brenda, your house looks so warm and you have it decorated so pretty. I love seeing the inside and outside. Your space is definitely soothing.

Adrienne said...

Brenda -
Your home looks so comfy and inviting! Thank you for sharing it with us.
~Adrienne~

Anita said...

I enjoyed the tour so much! You have a lovely home and have made it so inviting!Thank you!

Kim said...

You have a lovely home Brenda! What struck me most was the little TV surrounded by big bookcases of books! Love it! Blessings, Kim

Cheri said...

I feel like I'm peeking in at my own house. We have a teenytinytv, surrounded by books too!

Priorities, you know.....

Anonymous said...

The first word that comes to mind in describing your home is "cozy"-I LOVE it, especially your dining room. :)
jo

Sharon said...

Your home is just lovely! I'd love to invite myself for some tea and curl up in front of your wonderful bookcases!!! Thanks for sharing so much of "you" with us. :)

June said...

Your blog, your home, your garden and your heart are all quite beautiful.

Thank you for sharing.

~June

Firefly Nights said...

You have created a lovely home.