My summer reading is almost always the lightest I do throughout the year. This summer I've decided to reread the Time Trilogy (and perhaps add the fourth book in the series if I have time).
I'm also finally visiting Provence via Peter Mayle with three of his books. Leota's Garden is a book I started and then let my husband read last summer. I'm finally getting back to it. So many people I know have said it is a great book.
I purchased The Sunday Philosophy Club at a book sale and set it aside for summer reading, along with Galileo's Daughter.
My son was recently in a homeschool drama of The Scarlet Pimpernel...thus the addition of that classic. The Wiersbe and Donihue books are for spiritual food!
- Various decorating and gardening books
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine Le"engle
- A Wind In the Door by Madeleine Le'Engle
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine Le'Engle
- A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
- Encore Provence by Peter Mayle
- Acquired Tastes by Peter Mayle
- Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers
- The Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- Galileo's Daughter by Dava Sobel
- Living With the Greats; The Lives of Great Men of Faith by Warren Wiersbe
- When I'm In His Presence; Devotional Thoughts on Worship for Women by Anita Corrine Donihue (summer devotional)
- My Utmost For His Highest (devotional all year)