Saturday, January 27, 2007

Want a laugh?

My husband and I spent the morning working on our bathroom ceiling fan. It sounded like it was constantly "on". He is rather hard of hearing but I convinced him the fan had to be running even though it was not turned on!

He took the vacuum to it, thinking there was a clog somewhere. He even flipped the circuit breaker and we kept hearing it. He unplugged it and we kept hearing it. Being an engineer, he knew something was wrong at that point. He looked at me and said, "Brenda...there is no way our fan is working unless...then came some long principle of physics that escaped me the moment he started talking".

However, the sound was still in the bathroom. After all that work, I decide to become Miss Marple and do a little more looking around. There...in my son's drawer in the bathroom vanity...was his razor...switched to "on". It must have come on when he threw it in the drawer.

You've heard the old saying, "if looks could kill". Sigh, oh well, it really did need to be vacuumed. I tried to get all theological and said perhaps God was protecting us from a fire since it is now all nice and clean...same look.

Do you think he will still let me buy flowers?

2 comments:

Laura Talbert said...

That is funny! Now you can rest easier at night knowing that ceiling fan is not dusty-lol.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Finally, once he had rested a bit, he admitted cleaning the ceiling fan was on his "honey do" list so he was glad it was all finished. :)