Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday!

Thursday is finally here! It felt absolutely sinful waking up at the time I'm usually driving down the gravel lane towards the county road (and onto the highway!).

I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon baking cookies to send to a young friend at Indiana University. I'd promised him a care package when he was back in town to attend his brother's Eagle Scout ceremony. Hopefully, he will enjoy these even though they are a new recipe rather than my usual chocolate chip cookies he loves. Which reminds me, I do plan on updating my recipe blog more as soon as I can. I have lots of great recipes, just waiting to be included.

I need to leave soon to mail the package early (hopefully it will arrive on Friday) and purchase a few groceries. Otherwise, the only other time I have to be in the car today is to drop my son off on campus this afternoon where he will teach a few fencing classes and then walk to his part-time job. Dad will pick him up tonight.

I have a very busy day scheduled, though. That's why I'm blogging this morning. The grandchildren are coming!! (Oh, so are their parents, hehehe.) This is good incentive to declutter the places in the house that seem to attract clutter like the proverbial flies to honey. After the library sale, I have stacks of books to find a home for, too. I think of this house as small but it is actually the average size of houses built in the 1960s.

The picture above is the corner of my porch all dressed up for autumn. Below is a different view. I'm finding that living in the edge of forest means having a carpet of leaves everywhere, especially on the porch. I swept before taking these pictures and there are still leaves. Within an hour it was carpeted again. So, I need to get busy....miles to go before I sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a very "Welcoming" front porch! I also took a look at your tea and tea pot collection. I love the white! Very simplistic and elegant. In your first picture, I noticed the old sewing machine. Very lovely too! I had to go back and look at the fact you displayed the tea pots on cake stands! How in the world, several women noticed that is amazing! An idea I might have to use!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Hi Carmen!

Yes, I decided everything in the cabinet would have a background of white. I thought they'd look better that way as a collection.

I do have some colored teapots (a favorite is a green, antique teapot in my living room).

The sewing machine was my mother-in-law's mother. Since it could not be fixed, I cut it out of the cabinet it was in and I've had it on that antique cabinet ever since (the original sewing cabinet is now what my sister's small TV sits on in her apartment!)