Saturday, October 21, 2006

Grammie week

I get to be a hands on Grammie only two weeks out of the year. This week, I will be delighting in three beautiful grandchildren so I won't be posting as much. Of course, it will also be nice to have my daughter and son-in-law here. We miss them very much.

I can hardly wait to have a mother-daughter visit to Starbucks and we enjoy the company of our son-in-law (we should, I started praying for him as soon as our daughter was born, we just didn't know who "him" would end up being). Actually, my son misses his brother-in-law much more than his sister!

But I mean really...it's all about those three little ones you know! :)

In between my usual busy homeschool schedule, I hope to have a Grammie Tea Party, spend time with my daughter, and have some great family fellowship.

This afternoon, I have baked pumpkin bars and my cookie jar is now filled with Snikerdoodles. My three year old grandson has food sensitivities but I know they are a safe cookie for him. It smells like Autumn in my kitchen.

Now I need to complete toddler proofing the house. With a 4 year old, a 3 year old and a 15 month old around, china and crystal need to be put in boxes where they are safe from little hands. I do keep out the silver tea service and other safe, pretty items.

So...I'll be posting but not every day. In the meantime, there are a couple great places you have got to visit, both found through comments here. Amy (picketfencemom) has a post about favorite family movies, many of which are my family favorites, too. I commented about The Mountain Family Robinson movies (which we loved). Also, another blogger commented earlier in the week but I just saw it when I went through the comments again. I always try to go to their website when possible. You have got to see the pictures on this site!!!

See you again, soon.

Photo: Grandmother Teaching from Allposters.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waa....I'll miss you. :)
I hope you have a fabulous time with your family-be sure to post some pictures!
Now, I'm off to meet Amy at her picket fence cottage. Tata for now!
Joanna :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren and hurry back as soon as you can!

Heather Anne said...

We'll all miss you Brenda, but I'm sure you'll have some wonderful stories to share upon your return to the back fence! Blessings!

Kelli said...

Have a wonderful time with your family! I'm sure you will make many precious memories!!
Kelli

Patty said...

we also prayed for our childrens future spouces as soon as our children were born. We love our son in laws and soon to be daughter in law so much. What blessings in life.
How wonderful you got to spend time with your grandchildren

Anonymous said...

You enjoy those grandbabies! My children are blessed because we live next-door to my parents and they get to see them almost everyday. I also grew up next-door to my grandma...what a blessing! My mama like to say that if she had known how much fun grandchildren would be, she would've had them first!
Thanks for your kind words and linking to my Friday Fun Night post!
Take care and have a wonderful visit!
Blessings,
Amy