Thursday, September 14, 2006

Laine's Letters

I have never met Laine before but we have exchanged e-mails. So long ago, I don't think she'd remember me (I sent her my favorite apple chocolate chip cake recipe). Let's see, this was at least three e-mail addresses ago. :)

My links are mostly blogs that I view at least a few times a week. There are a few that are not blogs and Laine's Letters is one of them. I expect many of us are familiar with Laine but for those who aren't, in the late 90s and early 2000s, Laine sent out regular "letters" about homemaking and being a Godly wife. She also sent the best recipes. I still have most of her letters from that time, filling two fat file folders. You can sign up to receive her letters at her website, although they are sadly sent far less often. I believe she is living what she taught all those years!

However, she has archived all those letters and I've spent many a rainy Summer afternoon or snowy Winter day reading through those archives and printing out favorites not in my files. She was the first person I "met" on the web who devoted an entire "letter" about how she loved aprons. My kind of lady. Her recipe section alone will keep you returning.

The recipes, her "Letters" section, and the "In My Home" section are archived separately. I would suggest clicking on the "Letters" section first if you have never read anything by Laine. Start at the beginning and enjoy. I may not see you back here for awhile.

In case you are interested, I have posted the apple chocolate chip cake recipe I sent Laine so many years ago on my recipe blog. Very yummy...

4 comments:

Susan said...

I absolutely LOVED Laine's Letters! It's been a while since I've been to her archives. Thanks for reminding me of her!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun when a new letter from her does show up!! I'm always so excited to hear what new thing she has learned.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Yes! As soon as I see "Laine's Letters" in my Inbox, I have to print it out. I set it aside to read with a cup of tea, as if it was from an old friend I haven't heard from in ages.

Doesn't it seem like we know her in person?

Peggy Jo said...

BrenDA! I did a search today for Laine's old web page and your blog came up! LOL! I got a letter from her today...did you?