Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cyber Friends


I suppose, by default, people who enter my blog would be considered cyber neighbors. I look forward to meeting all those who leave comments. Although if you're like me, I rarely have the time to comment but I do speak out loud to the computer. Which, of course, the blogger never hears.

The entire world of cyber friendships opened to me in 1999 when I stopped using my daughter's computer and finally bought my (our) own. I became an administrator on an emergency preparedness forum (emergency preparedness being a passion of mine) within a year. There are still a group of us remaining from that old forum who "chat" with each other on a private forum...just us old friends. One dear friend no longer has a computer so we actually have to talk on the phone. Others are kept up with through e-mails and snail mail.

I've met many wonderful people since getting online. I've met some not so wonderful people, too. Fortunately, they have been few and I've learned to be...careful.

I suppose cyber space friendships are the same as what one used to call pen pals. Regardless, a big hug to those friends who have become more like family to me. You know who you are.

I also look forward to meeting new friends.

No comments: