Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Daring to Hope, a review


A few years ago, a friend sent me a copy of a book called Kisses for Katie with the note that I had to read it.  I don't read a lot of missionary stories but once I picked that one up, I could not put it down.  It became a favorite immediately.

So I was very happy to find out that Katie Davis Majors had written another book.  I hoped it was as good as the first and it is.  It is even better.  In Daring to Hope, subtitled Finding God's Goodness in the Broken and the Beautiful, Katie not only shares stories of the people in her world but does so in such a way that we grow in our own faith.

We come to know her neighbors in Uganda and those God leads her way to minister in times of great hardship, sickness, and distress.  We are there as Katie asks the hard questions of God and finds answers in ways she did not expect.

We are there when a young man becomes part of her life as a friend, then a husband, and a father to her baby boy.  I think it special that God sent a son to a woman with so many adopter daughters.

I don't know of anyone who would not love this book.  It has a great story that is well told, it is faith building, and it gives hope in a dark world.  I highly recommend it.

Daring to Hope was provided by Blogging For Books for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.

Further information can be found... here.  I'm providing the review and the link while it is still on pre-order as I'm thinking this one will sell out quickly and you do not want to wait to read it!

Disclaimer:  Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Never having read Kisses for Katie, should I read that first before reading this one?

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

No, this can be a stand alone read with no problem.

Heather LeFebvre said...

Just this afternoon I picked up a dear single friend from the airport who, after reading Kisses for Katie, went on to adopt her own Ugandan daughter. That daughter is now 5 years old this October! My friend still lives in Uganda where she is a missionary. I can't believe I haven't read either one of these books.....one of these days I will have to!!!