This study Bible would make a good addition to the reference shelf of serious Bible students. It contains full color photos, articles, and probably the best verse-by-verse notes I've seen in a long time.
- The full text of the NKJV
- Targeted book introductions for each book of the Bible
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) words and New Testament terms are explained
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos
- Dozes of charts, maps, and diagrams in color
- Words of Jesus in red
- Cross references, a concordance, indexes, and other helps
What makes this study Bible unique is the emphasis on the cultural background of each time in history in which the book of the Bible was written. Students of history will especially enjoy hours of research within this one volume.
I do warn those who care about such things that the font is very small. Also, the paper this is printed on is thin enough that I suspect any notes written in ink would bleed through to the other page. Otherwise, it is very much recommended.
The NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.
More information can be found... here.
Disclaimer: Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.