Tuesday, June 06, 2017

The Turquoise Table, a review


The subtitle of this book by Kristin Schell is, "Finding Community and Connection in Your Own Front Yard".  This book tells you how the author went from having a picnic table dropped off at her front lawn, painting it turquoise to look inviting, and eventually creating a world wide movement of building community by showing hospitality one turquoise colored table, chair, door, etc. at a time.

I must say that I thoroughly loved reading this book.  It is not only her story but it contains stories from others in the States and around the world to inspire us all toward a non-Pinterest showing of hospitality.

The book is full of photos, ideas for using this concept in your own life, and... recipes!  Of course, a book about showing hospitality and building community is better with recipes.  I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in reaching out to others by slowing down, listening, and perhaps with a plate of cookies.

The Turquoise Table was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.

More information can be found... here.

Disclaimer:  Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.

4 comments:

Vee said...

My first thought: Turquoise would mess with my color scheme. Ha! Obviously, I was missing the point. Since I like reading about hospitality, I am sure that I would enjoy this book.

Sandi said...

You had me at "plate of cookies"... ;-)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

This sounds like a great idea!

I'm going to have to think about this - a turquoise picnic table, eh? Just might work!

Anonymous said...

I bought the book as soon as I read your review, and raced through it this weekend. I have an old blue picnic table, and informed my husband that we needed to paint it & move it to the front of our yard as soon as possible. I loved the idea of just growing community by being available!
~Connie in San Diego