Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Beloved Hope Chest, a review


This title is the fourth and final book of Amy Clipston's An Amish Heirloom series which also includes The Courtship Basket, The Cherished Quilt, and The Forgotten Recipe.  Although each book is part of a series, each could easily be read as a stand alone novel.

In The Beloved Hope Chest, Mattie calls her daughters together to tell them the painful secret she has been hiding from them and the story behind the three objects her daughters found in her hope chest. 

As with the other books, the writing is so well done that I was drawn into the story from the first chapter.  I love this series as Amy Clipston describes the Amish family's faith when each woman goes through a trial.  Although we know obviously that Mattie and the girl's father are happily married in the present, one still can't wait to find out what happens next.

This is a story which will have you laughing and crying.  I had to get up once to find some tissues.  However, it is heartwarming and a really good read.  If you haven't read the series, it would make for wonderful Summer reading as each book is easy to read while at the same time having a story of great depth.  I highly recommend The Beloved Hope Chest.

This book was provided by the publisher for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.

Further information can be found at Amazon.com... here.

Disclaimer:  Most links to Amazon.com are Associate links.

4 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm going to have to look for Amy Clipston's books. I've read a lot of Beverly Lewis' books but any of the other 'Amish' books. There are a ton of those out there!

It sounds as if this would be a good series!

Carol said...

I may have to read this series as I am finding that I need some new reading to keep me motivated to read. I love to read but rarely find the time.

Anonymous said...

Brenda, would this be a good series for my 12 year old granddaughter to read or is more appropriate for someone older?

Laura

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

The subject matter would be very sad for sensitive kids although there is nothing inappropriate.