Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Together at the Table: A Novel of Lost Love and Second Helpings, a review


I was quite excited to see this title available for review as I'd read and reviewed the second in the trilogy last year.  I enjoyed it so much, I purchased the Kindle version of Book One.

I'm pleased this third book of the Two Blue Doors series did not disappoint at all.  Two nights in a row I had to set it aside to get to bed on time and I was very tempted to do without sleep and continue reading.

We left Juliette at the end of the second book having discovered a secret about her beloved grandmother, helping her mother who was seriously ill, opening a new restaurant in Portland with her brother, and breaking up with her long distance love.  So you can imagine why a reader who enjoyed the other books in the series would jump at a chance to see all the story lines (hopefully) wrapped up.

In Together at the Table, Juliette is now dating again when she is surprised to find her former love is now temporarily living in Portland.  The restaurant is a success and we learn about what happened to her mother.  There is an unexpected tragedy and a trip to Europe where the mystery of her grandmother's first love is solved.  Can you see why I couldn't put it down?

As with the first two books, you probably shouldn't read this one when you are hungry.  Because trust me, you will be raiding the refrigerator either for a snack or to try one of the recipes provided in the book.

Together at the Table wraps up the series very well.  While not overtly Christian, the characters are mostly people of faith.  I highly recommend this series.

Together at the Table was provided by Blogging For Books for the sake of review but the opinions are my own.

Further information can be found at Amazon.com... here.*

*Most links to Amazon are Associate links and I receive a tiny amount of credit for each purchase. 

3 comments:

Sherry said...

my problem with book series is that if it's a series i love, great impatience takes center stage. as in this case. sure wish she would have written and published this 3rd in the series, the day after the 2nd. gee wiz. regardless, anticipation receives its reward as i'm to find this book in tomorrow's mail - or so amazon tracking declares. wish they'd hurry up. ;)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I like new book/author recommendations and this one sounds like my kind of book series.

Thanks!

Leslie said...

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Leslie