Friday, April 08, 2016

Just Chatting...


It feels more like early March here than April.  We have had light snow off and on and more possible this evening.  I feel like I live in Michigan again!  There was one year we walked back from the Tulip Time Parade with snow flurries gently falling.  Very pretty but by that time in April, not amusing.

Thanks for the comment letting me know the error in the "I'm Back" post. Perhaps I've been hanging around books too long?  I said the hackers knew our ISBN number and you may know... ISBN numbers have to do with books.  ISP numbers are all about computers.  Sheesh. (Insert embarrassed emoji).  But it did make me laugh at myself and laughter is always good.  ;)

I do apologize for the person (in India) who took offense at me saying the hackers were from Mumbai.  It is cultural humor.  So many of the American companies have customer service reps that are located in Mumbai! So we associate India and computers.

Actually, my husband thinks they had more a North African accent but he has learned his lesson and will let no one have access to the computer.  He is also being more careful about clicking on email links... that is a good thing.  But then again it did cost him money so he will always remember that pain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw...one has to have a thick skin to blog, Brenda...so it seems to me. We all knew what you meant anyway...

As to someone taking offense...sigh. Happens almost everytime one turns around these days. Who can even anticipate who will take offense at what?? We live among a pretty humor-less society these days. Someone from that part of the world was helping me on the phone one day. She became very nasty when I told her I needed her to repeat something. I told her that her becoming angry, or I becoming angry or upset would not change the fact that I have hearing loss and find some accents very difficult to understand over the phone. She apologized then and decided to speak more slowly and distinctly. If they can understand me and make me understand them, fine...otherwise I request a supervisor in America that I can talk to instead. I wonder how well other countries would like being forced to now do most things with operators overseas instead of inside one's own country with speech one can understand well?? I am not so sure how people here feel, is so very different than anyone would feel elsewhere...
Elizabeth in WA

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

{Chuckles}

Not so funny is the snow - we had light snow showers today and its supposed to snow all day tomorrow. Crazy!

Vee said...

Ah this PV has us in its grip and seems in no hurry to go. Boo hiss. Funny that we don't always think about who is reading and, of course, we love our readers, but I have zero intention of even attempting to be PC. A pox on that. Here's to thicker skin for all of us. Your comment about ISBNs would have gone right over my head; in fact, it did. I knew what you meant and that has to be enough sometimes. Happy weekend to you! And, since you monitor comments, please feel free to chuck this one. I'll understand completely.