Wednesday, August 05, 2015

My World this Week

On our Honeymoon in the Smoky Mountains, circa August, 1974...
It has been a busy morning already so there will be no book links in today's post.  I picked up a friend early and drove her to get her rental van.  Since it was near the Mall, I stopped at the Panera there to use the last of a gift card and to use my birthday credit before it expired at the end of this week.

Of course, being over on that side of town I had to stop by Barnes & Noble and peruse British magazines.  Then I realized I would be passing by the Mission's thrift store on the way home so stopping there was a must-do.  Then one more errand.  Then... finally... home.  A couple hours later than I'd planned but it was quite a nice morning out.  The weather was perfect.

Here is what has been happening in my world this week that does not involve driving!

Reading
My current reading...
My husband's stack of books.  He is ADD.  They like to have everything out where they can see them.  Obviously.

Listening

Tsh's new Podcast.  It contains new interviews and she is bringing in favorites from her original Podcast.  She explains it in Episode 1.

It can be listened to on her website... here... or as I do, on her Podcast's App.

Tea Time

Decorating By Tweaking

Gardening
This is what happens when you have squash hiding under leaves.

Washi Love
I love this old wooden container found at Brimfield!
Wide washi...
Floral washi...
About half this is what Stephanie gifted me for my birthday...

I had better light this week so I'm showing some of my washi tape again.  It is now my favorite go-to art medium, especially for making cards and my scrapbook journal.

Her Fluffiness

The reason there is cat hair over everything in my Study.  ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought that was an earlier photo of Stephanie...she really does look like you!! When you have time, share more about the use of the washi tapes, if you would...it appeals to me too...I purchased 2 of them the other day...but really would enjoy more ideas!! Thanks...
Elizabeth in WA

Anonymous said...

Love your "tweaking" for the week. In your hubby's book stack, I see several Leisha Kelly books. I love these books and have re-read some of them. Hope you will get an opportunity to read them also, especially "Julia's Hope". One of my favorite books of all time followed by "Emma's Gift". Sounds like you had a real fun outing. Love those times. Blessings, Sharon D.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sounds like a great morning out! I love to check out the British magazines at B&N, too!

I've learned to adore zucchini this summer. I bought a veggie noodle maker and love using them for me in place of the pasta the family eats! Delish!

Your washi tape is so pretty! Expect a small package from me in the next week. Your birthday celebration will last longer this way! :)

Victoria makes me smile.

Deanna

Terra said...

Your washi are pretty; now I want to try some. What is the best way to start?

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Is it in July? Mine is this month. Love the photo of you and your hubby on your honeymoon! We got married in'74, too! Can't believe it's been 41 years ago! How did we get here?? LOL! Sounds like you had a full day with lots of fun stops! Fun! Love your washi tape stash as well as your cool holder, too. And then there's sweet Victoria, trying to help! Love seeing what you've been up to! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Laura C. (WA)

ellen b said...

Looks like we were married in the same year. Now I'm wishing I had a British magazine to peruse...

Kathy said...

aww Happy Anniversary!! Love the honeymoon picture!
My parents honeymooned in Gatlinburg before it became so touristy. I love the Smoky mountains, and we go every year around Christmas.
Your tapes are so pretty. I had no idea there were so many different designs.
Hope you have a great week.

Unknown said...

I noticed "Listening Valley" by D.E. Stevenson in your stack of books to read. That is one of my favorites of her books. I'm so glad that it is back in print. I hope you enjoy it.

Theresa said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heather LeFebvre said...

Well, I guess that is one of the ADD characteristics I must have inherited -- having all my books out where I can see them!!!!! ha ha ha!!! I certainly do that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, love the picture of you when you were on your honeymoon. I showed my hubs. Thanks for putting it up. Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating your years together. Pam (SD)