Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Poultry in the Kitchen


So it happened like this.  I was taking a photo of my latest poultry find for the Thrifting section of My World this Week. It happened to be my fine "feathered" friend peeking out on the right of the photo above. She was 99 cents at Goodwill.

When I remembered a post I did two or three years ago.  The one where I took the camera and clicked on every poultry inspired item in my kitchen.  Below is what happened when I did that again.  Mind you... this is just my kitchen.

My daughter used to tease me about my love of poultry but then went and gave me the beautiful rooster plate as a gift.  And the tall rooster on my frig. And the rooster hanging on the side of the yellow pantry.  And the round chicken that resides in the mixing bowl.  And that cute greeting card on my refrigerator.  But that is not a chicken. ;)


I may or may not have a poultry problem.  But my parents did raise chickens when I was a little girl and that was a happy time.  I loved those chickens.  I didn't care for the rooster.  But he was one good looking rooster.  As most roosters are.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your chickens. Can't have too many chickens--well, actually you can. I pared down my collection a few years ago--they were even in the bedroom---that's too many chicks. Thanks for sharing your collection. Blessings, Sharon D.

Vee said...

Your daughter must think that you are collecting poultry! I took some fresh watermelon to my niece's hens...two white ones like your new one and a buff one. They were so happy to have that watermelon that it gave me a little thrill. I think I could love some, too. But then again, I remember them chasing me out of that barn...

Sherry said...

crazy chicken lady.
(look for a picture in your facebook messages in just a bit)... ;)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

What a delightful collection. My family never raised chickens, though my mother won a baby rooster named Leonard in an Easter egg decorating contest. We had him about a month......Then he went to a family in the country, or so I was told. I imagine it was true. I am mailing a book to you tomorrow.......Sorry it is so so so so late,and that I could not find more duplicates from your list. My chicken memories are from visiting my grandfather's brother's farms near Allegan, Michigan in the early '50s. They let me feed them, and collect chickweed for them....I was more fascinated by the Guinea hens running about so freely.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Ah you'll love my post today! New chicks!

I love chickens too, and it is a more recent interest, say in the last 5 years or so, but I have a red plate with a white chicken silhouette and then I also have a chicken 'statue' that I move around.

I used to collect sheep.

Deanna

suzanne said...

I have memories of my aunt catching chickens in the yard and whacking their heads....pretty traumatic for a youngster. And the smell of boiling chicken feathers, yikes...but that has nothing to do with your lovely extensive collection of poultry! Miss Brenda, I love the way you embrace what you love. And you are a master at finding those things you love in the unlikely places. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Anonymous said...

Just chickin' in. LOL Nice collection, and the fun thing is the memories attached to each piece - who gave what and when. My collection is moose. My grandsons have gone around my home naming them all. Many have their name written on the bottom or are holding a piece of paper with their name on it. When they visit, they go around trying to remember what moose has what name. What fun! Pam (SD)