Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are; a review


I loved Shauna's Niequist's  last three books.  Her Bread & Wine* is one of my all time favorite nonfiction books.  So I was anticipating her new devotional called Savor.  So were a lot of other people as it sold out on Amazon when it first was published!

If you are expecting a book like her others, this is not it.  Each devotional is quite short and there is one question to ponder at the end of each page.  Having said that, I really like this devotional.  Each page gives one something to think about.  Shauna is a gifted writer and this shows through even in devotional format.

This is the kind of devotional perfect for a busy mom of very young children.  Since they often can grab only a few minutes for such a quiet time, anyway.  I would give it as a shower gift to a new bride or a young Christian woman just graduating from college and beginning life on her own.

Not to mention it is full of very yummy sounding recipes such as:
  • Blueberry Yogurt Morning Cake
  • Pumpkin Banana Anything Muffins
  • Frisee, Hazelnut & Goat Cheese Salad
  • Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
  • Spicy Peanut Noodles
  • Baked French Toast
  • ... and many more

I highly recommend this book for what it is, full of simple and short devotionals written in Shauna's easy and conversational manner.  It is like chatting with a friend over your first cup of coffee.  An excellent book for gift giving or to slip into your bag for the beach this summer.  Who says you have to read it one page at a time?  ;)

Savor was given to me by the publisher for review but the opinions are my own.

For more information, go to Amazon.com... here*

All links to Amazon.com are Associate Links.  I thank you.

2 comments:

Vee said...

i appreciate a good devotional so will look into this one. And I enjoy reading more than one a day, too.

Heather LeFebvre said...

A dear friend came for a visit Sunday afternoon and she brought me my very own copy of this! Such a surprise and so excited to have it. My thoughts exactly on the content of book....