Friday, January 23, 2015

My New "Mrs. Beaver" Tea Cozy!


Around Christmas time this winter, I wrote my precious friend (and "blog daughter") that I really really wanted desperately needed a knitted tea cozy.

She knows how I loved the tea cozy Mrs. Beaver used in the film version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  Heather had a tea cozy in her Etsy shop but it wasn't quite what I was looking for.  So she did some research and we talked color scheme and all... and this is what she came up with.

Isn't it adorable?  Mrs. Beaver would indeed love it, too.  It will keep my tea nice and hot for that second cup (and third).

I have a few pieces of Heather's beautiful felt creations in my Study, gifted on important days like my birthday or events such as attending a historical reenactment at the same time. 

But I must admit, the "Mrs. Beaver" tea cozy is my favorite of all.  Heather made it to fit my 6 Cup teapots but it also fits my 4 cup yellow teapot nicely.

*Heather's blog with a link to her Etsy shop is... here.  One glance and you will see why we are friends.  ;)

14 comments:

Terra said...

What a sweet friend to create your very own Mrs. Beaver tea cozy. Cute and practical too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,
I think that tea cozy is so cute!
I just love your blog and I read every posting on Heather's blog as well. I have the feeling that if we all met in real life, we would be "kindred spirits". I enjoy everything that you both write.
Blessings,
Marie

Vee said...

Adorable! And those cozies really work well, too! Enjoy your tea!

Vee said...

Yes, I see why you are friends! Like-minded for sure. Say, I can not get to her shop because the link takes me to a whacky advertisement page. Are you able to get to her shop?

jules said...

Isn't that just lovely! Sweet to have friends that are crafty.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

This is delightful. What great colors! And what a cozy cozy!

Deborah Montgomery said...

The part of the story with Mrs. Beaver in it is one of my favorites. So cozy. That tea cozy is just wonderful!

Carol said...

What a nice warm looking cozy. (in MD)

Mary said...

Love it - how fun to have a friend-knit tea cosy.

Nanna Chel said...

I have a couple of tea cozies that friends have made me. I just love your new one. It is very cute and pretty.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It's so sweet! I love the roses on the top. She makes great flowers!

Deanna

Heather LeFebvre said...

Yay! So glad that you like it. :) It was fun to make!!! Am working on the same pattern for myself but its a multicolor spring sort of yarn I found at GW.

Grace K. said...

That is too adorable! How I wish I could pop over for tea to admire it in person. ;) Also, thank you for the sweet words about my new hair! <3

Andy said...

nicely done custom work. I have a coffee cozy and it sure keeps it piping hot.