Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Joy the Baker: Homemade Decadence, a review


You know a cookbook may be good when you become very hungry just perusing the beautiful photos of food!  As a cookbook collector, I do love it when the book has good photos.  But this latest edition by the blogger known as "Joy the Baker" also offers something rarely seen in books about baking... very unique recipes!

Joy Wilson has taken many basic recipes and made them "over the top" indulgent.  Decadent, as the title implies.  This cookbook would be very much appreciated by those who love to bake and want to expand their recipe file to something more than brownies and cookies.

Although it does have a good selection of basic and easy-to-make recipes, this would be my "go to" cookbook when I want to make something special for a party or as a gift to a friend.

You would definitely get your money's worth from Homemade Decadence.  It is loaded with good ideas!  I thought it amusing that I had just seen smoked sea salt on the grocery store shelves and wondered how I would use it.  She uses it in a cookie recipe (or to be more specific, on a cookie)!

I highly recommend this new cookbook and plan to make a few recipes soon.  Well, as soon as I get over the Christmas baking extravaganza.  I have not tried any of the recipes (being in the midst of cookie baking) but having baked for forty years, I can tell looking at them that they will work just fine. ;)

You can find out more about Homemade Decadence at Amazon... here.*

This book was provided free from the publisher for the purpose of review but the opinions are my own.

*Associate's Link

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That sounds like a great cookbook! I wonder if my library has it? Since starting my eating plan I don't do much baking, but I love to bake.

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good cookbook. I must check it out.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. (Including the beautiful Miss Victoria)

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful and Merry Christmas