Thursday, November 13, 2014

Past Scrapbook Projects

From my original scrapbook.
I thought I'd do a little "Show & Tell" and let you actually see a tiny bit of past scrapbook journals.  I began it all, like so many people, with photo album scrapbooking when my kids were younger. 

Then I progressed to a scrapbook, then a scrapbook journal, and now more of a combination of everything with a leaning towards scrapbook art.

A few photo album scrapbooking views
A family trip into Chicago during Stephanie's senior year of college.  It was over Spring Break but if was freezing!
Feast of the Hunter's Moon page
Another Feast of the Hunter's Moon page on a different year.  Steph is in the upper right photo, Christopher to the lower left, Hubby and I to the lower right.
Even then, I included favorite poetry.

A few views of my first scrapbook

The above is the very simple way of viewing and organizing favorite magazine images, as well as clipped out prose and poetry.  Many of the images used originally were from the old Victoria magazine.

It was done in an actual large Scrapbook instead of the artist's sketch books I used later.

A few views of my first scrapbook journal

I guess I didn't take as many photos of this book as I thought but it gives you a good idea of how it was used.

I go back and view all of them quite often, especially in the cold and dark Winter months! 

7 comments:

Vee said...

So much more visual interest than a photo album and a wonderful way to share favorite images and poetry or essays and quotes.

Anonymous said...

I Love seeing the diiferent things you've done in your scrapbooks! They will truly be a family legacy one day.
I really enjoy working on mine when the weather is "frightful" outside! It's easy to get lost in the art of creating! I have enough scrapbook projects to keep me busy for a long time! Thank-you So Much for sharing!
Blessings,
Laura C. from WA

Scrappy quilter said...

So nice to see your pages. Gives us ideas of how to start our own.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love doing these kinds of journals. It is a creative way to just jot down what the work of the day is, or prayer requests, errands to run, etc.

Love seeing your family in 'days past.'

Deanna

Nana said...

Hi Brenda;
What beautiful scrapbook pages! I love how you've done your pages! The graduation open house sounds like it was wonderful! I enjoyed the menu and recipe page. Have a beautiful week. Love and Hugs, Nana
PS It is snowing here, quite heavily, can you believe it! I am glad I am in for the night.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Lovely images~ I enjoyed most seeing photos of you and your family from the past.........

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Thank you for sharing; many ideas to use to create my own pages. I've now taken to using the black/white "Composition" notebooks, (I decorate the cover) they look so nice lined up on the bookshelf!