Tuesday, October 21, 2014

NKJV Study Bible Full Color Edition, a review


I've lived with this Bible for about a week and a half now, going back to it to peruse the resources and to look up various Scripture notes.  So far I have found it to be excellent.

I love the full color information at the beginning of each Book of the Bible as well as the archaeological notes within (usually in color, too).  As would be expected in a Study Bible, there is a large concordance as well as a Subject Index to the various Annotations and Features.

I have looked up the notes that correspond to various Scripture verses and found them to be of sound theology and easy to understand.  The New King James Version is easy to read but keeps some of the flow of the original King James Version. 

This would be an excellent book to give as a gift or to keep on your own reference shelves.  It is not what I would choose as a Bible to carry with me.  As you can imagine, all the extra study materials make it a rather heavy book to carry.  But I have my NIV with no extra study notes for that.

The contributors are from the following places (not an inclusive list):
  • Dallas Theological Seminary
  • Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
  • Liberty University
  • Nazarene Theological Seminary
  • Western Conservative Baptist Seminary
  • Multnomah Bible College
  • Michigan Theological Seminary
  • Heritage Theological Seminary
  • Tyndale Theological Seminary
  • Jews for Jesus
  • Fuller Theological Seminary

More information can be found at Amazon... here.*

This Bible was sent by the publisher for the purpose of review but the opinions are my own.

*All links to Amazon are Associate.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

In 1978 my sweet sister gave me an NIV Bible. I have used it to falling apartness. :)

I love using the same Bible because even if I cannot remember where a particular verse is, I know what quadrant of the page it is on. Generally.

This Bible looks intriguing. Of course so do the new journaling Bibles.

I have a stack of Bibles on my book shelf: our old family Bible, my confirmation Bible (KJV), the Bible I used in high school (RSV), and my NIV.

I carry my ipad to church with the ESV app. Our pastor would say, 'open your Bibles, your phones, your tablets or your tablets of stone..'.

All this to say, we are so blessed to live in an age with such a dizzying array of formats to read GOD's precious Word.

No excuses for letting them gather dust!