I was curious about The Red Sea Rules: 10 God-Given Strategies for Difficult Times by Robert J. Morgan, so I agreed to review it. I've read many books over the years about trials and such with some helpful and others... not so much. This little volume proved to be very good.
The title would suggest a "ten easy steps" book as are popular today but these ten lessons learned from Exodus 14 abound with wisdom I found easy to understand and quite helpful.
While no author and no book (other than the Bible) has all the answers when one is going through a trial, I found this volume would be very good for those needing reassurance that God has not forgotten them in the midst of difficulties and that He is using them for their good and His glory.
The Red Sea Rules is divided into chapters, each an in depth look at one of the "rules" (or perhaps better said... "truths"). They are:
- Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
- Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.
- Acknowledge your enemy but keep your eye on the Lord.
- Stay calm and confident and give God time to work.
- When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
- Envision God's enveloping presence.
- Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
- View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
- Don't forget to praise Him.
As you can tell, I highly recommend this book. The small hardback size and inexpensive price makes it easy to carry with you when encouragement is needed. It would be a good book to have on hand to give to a friend or family member during a time of trials, too.
Further information can be found... here.*
This book was sent to me by the publisher for review but the opinions are my own.
*All book links are Amazon Associate links.