Friday, March 07, 2014

Spring has sprung!

Jesus in a fishing boat, Son of God movie

Well, at least for today.  It actually smelled like spring today.  Hubby and I celebrated by going to our favorite drive-in hot dog place, the one that is only open in spring thru early fall.

We finally went to see a matinee showing (cheaper that way) of the Son of God movie.  We really wanted to see it while it was at the theater.  The last time I saw a movie was when Stephanie took me to see the latest Star Trek movie when they visited last year... and I think it was at least a year before that when I was at the movie theater.

So it is a big deal for us to pay the theater prices but we wanted to support this film.  We thought it was wonderful.  There are a few very minor incidents where they used artistic license to squeeze a few things into the film (like the timing of the death of John the Baptist) but nothing totally unscriptural.

I do hope to get computer time for a Saturday and a Sunday post!

3 comments:

Vee said...

Oh I hope that Jesus smiles a lot.

Connie said...

I've been waiting to hear what people thought of this movie . . . great to hear a good review.
Maybe we will make it to the cinema . . . it's something we don't do often either :)
Happy weekend.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Amie said...

Hubby and I are planning to go to an afternoon showing tomorrow after church. I am excited! Glad to hear it is a good one!