Tuesday, February 04, 2014

My World this Week


We are once again under a Winter Storm Warning with snow to begin at any moment.  It has been a very long winter... and another storm may hit this weekend.

Someday my week will once again show outside pictures.  I think.  :)

Reading and Re-reading


I pulled Time For Tea off my shelves to peruse, too.

It is one of my favorite tea books where a number of English women are interviewed about the way they celebrate tea time... here.*

Watching
Sherlock Season 3 - Brilliant

Tea Time
The teapot was a gift from Stephanie when she was in college.  The July "Birthday" teacup was a gift when we visited Old Sturbridge Village together.

She is my codependent daughter when it comes to tea stuff.  ;)

The desert plate is part of "my" Royal Albert Lavender Rose set.  I gave it to Mrs. Christopher when they became engaged because her favorite color is lavender/purple.  She has some of the set already, enough to have pretty tea parties.  She asked that I hold on to the rest until they move to a house someday.

Baking
You may have noticed the yummy looking scones in the Tea Time picture?  Well, you can find the recipe... here.

I think they are the best scones I have ever made since I prefer softer scones.

Collecting
It is hard to get a good photograph of my china cabinet but this was the least terrible.

My next project is to tweak the bookshelves in the Study so I can take my teacups that are residing in the drawer of the hutch... and display them where they can be seen.

Her Fluffiness
Such frustration, she oh so wants the window open to feel the breeze through her fur.  But with temperatures once again dropping below zero, she has to wait.

* An Amazon Associate link.  When you make a purchase from an Amazon link or through entering Amazon.com through my widget on the sidebar, I receive a very small percentage that really adds up.  It costs neither of us any extra, either. 

10 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I saw on the news that some parts of the country are going to get more snow! It's been one long cold winter hasn't it. General Beauregard predicted an early spring for us in The South - I sure hope he's right!

That scone looks delicious! I like them soft too.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm going to give that scone recipe a try - it looks wonderful!

Stay warm and safe. We loved this season of Sherlock! So, so good!

I think I gave my mother that same teapot! Stephanie and I are smart cookies - being the only daughters we know we'll get them one day! Lol!

I hope your power doesn't go out! Do you ever fill the bathtub with water? I have our big one full as we are to get snow then ice tonight! If the power goes out we are all set with our wood stove, camping lanterns and oil lamps, too!

Deanna

Nana said...

Hi Brenda;
I am looking forward to making your wonderful soft lemon scones! Perhaps tomorrow, we will be snowed in too. Keep warm and safe for the next few days. Love and Hugs, Nana.
PS Loved your tea books, ordered one or two!

Martha said...

Thanks for the tip on Sherlock. I am hesitant about watching movies and rely on the review of others. I started with Series 1 Episode 1 and it was fantastic. The scones look delicious. I'm going to try them soon. Love your blog. Martha

Deborah Montgomery said...

Tea and scones and books and china -- all my favorite things! We are getting more snow today in Michigan. It has been quite a winter, hasn't it?

Sunshine said...

Oh my word...my girls and I just pulled the scones out of the oven...yum!!! What an awesome winter treat!! Hope you are having a great day! Sunshine

skmanning said...

Is there not lemon juice in the scone itself? It isn't listed in the ingredients. Thanks!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

No lemon juice in the scone recipe itself. Although I think half a teaspoon of lemon extract would add flavor.

The scone recipe just calls for lemon zest.

Heather L. said...

oh my! I have never heard of that tea book before!! Well, I will confess I had to purchase one of the six cents copies :) Can't wait to read it!!!!

Val said...

Beautiful light in that photo!