Monday, September 02, 2013

Stephanie gives up on "getting it all together"

colorful_socks_in_a_laundry_basket

My daughter has written an excellent blog post.  Except I can't wrap my mind around she and her hubby being on the "doorstep of middle age"...


I’ve basically given up on ever “getting it all together.”
And, surprisingly, as I get older and watch our family life shift from that of a young couple with babies and toddlers to the doorstep of middle age with a couple tweens and everyone school-age (if one counts preschool)  and no more diapers, I have settled in more and more to the notion that our home is more of an artist’s loft or a laboratory than a showroom or magazine spread.

Read the rest... here.

Photo:  Susan Dayley: Socks without mates

3 comments:

Vee said...

Brenda, she's so like you. However, my jaw is on the floor with all that information and the possibilities. Hmmmm...think that I'll be in the market for a new phone not to mention preparing food for the freezer in entirely different ways.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

She has hit upon the key - doing what works best for her family!

I'm going to do the micro cooking idea too - I get stuck here, wanting to cook from scratch and at times just being so busy. This will be so helpful!

Thanks for the link....

Deanna

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I want to do some micro cooking, too...I only cook for one, it's true, most of the time, but I like to cook good sized amounts and stock up. Stephanie has a lot of excellent ideas and is practical and realistic.