Monday, September 02, 2013

Stephanie gives up on "getting it all together"

colorful_socks_in_a_laundry_basket

My daughter has written an excellent blog post.  Except I can't wrap my mind around she and her hubby being on the "doorstep of middle age"...


I’ve basically given up on ever “getting it all together.”
And, surprisingly, as I get older and watch our family life shift from that of a young couple with babies and toddlers to the doorstep of middle age with a couple tweens and everyone school-age (if one counts preschool)  and no more diapers, I have settled in more and more to the notion that our home is more of an artist’s loft or a laboratory than a showroom or magazine spread.

Read the rest... here.

Photo:  Susan Dayley: Socks without mates

3 comments:

Vee said...

Brenda, she's so like you. However, my jaw is on the floor with all that information and the possibilities. Hmmmm...think that I'll be in the market for a new phone not to mention preparing food for the freezer in entirely different ways.

Mrs.Rabe said...

She has hit upon the key - doing what works best for her family!

I'm going to do the micro cooking idea too - I get stuck here, wanting to cook from scratch and at times just being so busy. This will be so helpful!

Thanks for the link....

Deanna

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

I want to do some micro cooking, too...I only cook for one, it's true, most of the time, but I like to cook good sized amounts and stock up. Stephanie has a lot of excellent ideas and is practical and realistic.