Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lovely July days...


Someone is very happy her sunbeams have returned.  After a long period of cloudy and sometimes rainy days... a delightful combination of cool temperatures and sunshine have visited the Midwest.  Very good indeed.

There is a cool summer breeze today, which is why a lot of windows have been opened and the air conditioner given a break. 

There are a lot of "I should", "I could", and "I would" thoughts flying around my head today for there is always a lot to do in the house and garden.  But for now I'm taking my lunch... whole grain bread with a type of Nutella spread on it... and I'm going to enjoy reading some more of the Elisabeth Elliot book.

The weeds will still be in the garden this afternoon as will the breakfast and lunch dishes in the sink.  But a July day in the 70s is too rare to let it go by unappreciated.

8 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I know! Isn't it fantastic?!!!!

We're enjoying it very much as well!

Deanna

My Cottage Diary said...

Amen! Enjoy! Bess

Echoes From the Hill said...

It is also cool,in Colorado, after days of very hot weather. I'm loving it!

I am also reading, when I could be doing other things, but it feels right. Tomorrow, I will have out of state company. I had other company for a week last week. Just relaxing and reading, this afternoon is a much needed luxury.

nancyr

mdoe37 said...

Mmmm.....Nutella....doesn't get any better than that!!

Nana said...

Hi Brenda;
Your absolutely right, it is a perfect day! I started to clean the kitchen but soon found myself outside just sitting and enjoying this wonderful weather! Love and Hugs Nana

tpals said...

Tomorrow is our first day in the low 70s! I'm so excited. :)

Susan in SC said...

I LOVE the picture of kitty sleeping in the sun!! Glad you are enjoying your weather.

Anonymous said...

105 degrees here in HOT Idaho today...your day sounds wonderful...I would have enjoyed it to the hilt too!!

Elizabeth...on the road again