Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shivering...


You are most likely tired of the subject of "weather" but it has been at the center of my existence lately.  At least yesterday the icy rain turned to a lovely snow but today it is back to that rainy-snowy mixture that puts such a damp chill in the air.

I've decided to increase the temperature of our home a few degrees and turn on all the lights, at least for a few hours. 

A small amount of energy decadence, perhaps... but hopefully just what the doctor ordered for a time of tweaking My Room.   Along with music, of course.



There is something about becoming immersed in a project which can distract one from whatever is going on in the world around them, in this case a late February chill.   

Pic on the left is from our first year of marriage, on the right is from our wedding.

The pictures I'm sharing today are of the bulletin board in My Room and a little corner of my kitchen bulletin board.  I've always had at least one bulletin board in my home, a place I can put favorite pictures and cards and memories and pretty things that make me smile.

Surrounding ourselves with such can make us feel warmer.  :)

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I agree! It does "warm" things up to be reminded and surrounded by good memories, comforting words, and just plain pretty stuff.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Don't forget candles or oil lamps!

Thankfully, we know that warmer weather is on the way. I won't torture you by saying that we will be in the 40's today! Or that we have spotty sunshine! I am taking it in, after all our cold weather.

Good bye February!

Deanna

Morning's Minion said...

These late winter days can be tireseome--it seems that the damp chill and a cold wind bite hard. [Even in KY which has mild winters compared to years in VT and WY!]
I've immersed myself in quilt making--playing with beautiful fabric and patterns while soup simmers on the stove makes the hours fly.
Glad your computer is still holding on!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Yes! We need to make our own warmth and sunshine (and not only for ourselves, of course). I love all the images on your bulletin board. Keep remembering that spring will be here soon, but consider the gifts of each day!Gifts for ourselves and gifts to share. Your blog can oftem make me feel warmer and happier.

Anonymous said...

Very damp and cold in the Midwest today.. Gray skies are hanging low so I have several candles burning. I am soon sitting down to watch something Bristish :-)
I also love bulletin boards. I have one by my kitchen sink and another in my sewing room. A great place for all those little bits too nice to toss. Stay cozy, Dee

Marge said...

Yes, it's damp and gray here in Minnesota, too. Feels colder than the below zero days in some ways.

One of my projects for next week is to redo the bulletin board in my sewing room. Love it!

Keep warm and cozy.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love the idea of bulletin boards around the house. My fridge is so full and I would love to move some of those memories to other places in the house. Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am up here in western New York and the weather pretty much calls the shots. I have been so ill for a whole week, not sure if the flu or just an upper respiratory virus, but cough, cough, cough until my ribs are sore. Maybe it will tighten my stomach muscles! lol And, as in your post, I have found myself puttering around and doing little things that cheer me up. First time I have been sick in 3 years and I am realizing that as I age, fighting off illness becomes more difficult (in my mid-50's). I liked your Sunday post about nesting too. And agree :) Rhonda