Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday Pantry Suggestions


Let Christmas begin!!!  I love this time of year when "Heaven kisses the earth". 

Today's Pantry Post is short since there was absolutely no time to work on it last week.  However, I had a couple of links I wanted to share.

This is also the perfect time of year to stock up on baking items as many of them go on sale over the next month.  At least I hope they do!

This link is to an article I found very interesting.  It's a New York Times article about urban survivalist... here

This link is to a post from the Food Storage Made Easy blog, explaining how to make an Emergency Binder.  What a great idea... here.

I was asked in a comment how I deepen my pantry on such a limited budget.  These days it is very difficult to stock the pantry but I do try to keep extras of those things I need each week. Here is a link to a series I wrote at one time called How I Stock Up... here

I figure these links will keep you busy.  ;)

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Thanks for the links Brenda! Here's to hoping the baking items go on sale!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Deanna

Vee said...

Yes. They will. I was just explaining your theory of grocery shopping to my daughter. She was intrigued and may be popping by on her own, though I imagine that she'll be as quiet as a mouse.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

So happy you had a wonderful holiday with the in-laws Brenda! Thank you so much for your wonderful links...I do need to reread your post on deepening the pantry on a budget. We've had some unexpected, larger, expenses these past several months and more upcoming so I am buckling down and trying to budget and organize more in all areas. The binder link should be quite useful too. :) As always, thank you so much for sharing with us.
Love,
Tracey
x0x